Dr. Arthur Frazão
Dr. Frazão obtained his medicine degree at the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco in 2008, Brazil. He is licensed to practice under the CRM-PE license #16878.
He completed a specialty in ophthalmology at the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, and completed a further specialty in clinical and surgical glaucoma management at the Fundação Altino Ventura.
He is currently practicing in Recife, Brazil, as an ophthalmologist with a special interest in
cataract and glaucoma treatment and management.
- Throat Ulcers: 7 Causes, Treatment & When to Worry A throat ulcer, or a throat canker sore, is a small, round sore that can cause pain and discomfort when swallowing or speaking. This type of ulcer may appear after ingesting acidic food but it can also be a sign of a weakened immune system. Learn about what causes of throat ulcers and how to treat them.
- Belly Button Pain During Pregnancy: Causes & How to Relieve
- Oily Stool: 7 Causes & What to Do
- 10 Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer (& What the First Signs Are)
- Cracked Lip Corners: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- What Is a Seroma: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- Mucocele (Mucus Cyst): Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- Liver Inflammation: What It Is, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- Lupus: What Is, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
- Phimosis: What Is It, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Testicular Pain: 7 Main Causes & Treatment Options
- How to Get Rid of a Dry Cough: Medication & Home Remedies
- Diverticulitis: What Is, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
More From Dr. Arthur Frazão
- Strep Throat: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Streptococcal pharyngitis, also known as strep throat, is an infection of the pharynx that can cause intense sore throat, white patches on tonsils and difficulty swallowing. Learn how to identify strep throat symptoms, how it spreads and treatment options. Updated on 05-17-2022
- Lupus: What Is, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Lupus, also known as systemic lupus erythematosus, is an autoimmune disease that causes symptoms such as red patches on the skin, fatigue, joint pain. Find out more about lupus, its main symptoms, possible causes, types, and treatment . Updated on 05-13-2022
- Oily Stool: 7 Causes & What to Do Oily stools occur when the digestion or absorption of fat is compromised. This can happen with conditions like celiac disease or pancreatitis, and should be assessed by your doctor. Learn about what causes fatty stools and what to do . Updated on 05-09-2022
- Liver Inflammation: What It Is, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Liver inflammation that is left untreated can lead to the formation of nodules and fibrous connective tissue within the liver, which can cause symptoms such as general malaise, nausea, and weight loss. Read more about what causes liver inflammation, and how it is diagnosed and treated. Updated on 05-05-2022
- How to Get Rid of a Dry Cough: Medication & Home Remedies Some cough suppressants, like dextromethorphan (an over-the-counter cough syrup) and hydrocodone syrup (which is prescribed) can be indicated for treatment of a dry cough. However, there are natural treatments available, like echinacea or ginger tea with honey. Learn about what you can do to get rid of your dry cough. Updated on 04-21-2022
- Diverticulitis: What Is, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Diverticulitis is a bowel condition characterized by inflammation and/or infection of the diverticula. Common symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhea and fever. Learn more about the symptoms of diverticulitis, what causes it, and how it is treated. Updated on 04-12-2022
- Sty: What Is It, Causes & How To Get Rid of It A sty is the inflammation of a gland on the eyelid, which leads to the appearance of a swollen lump, redness, discomfort and itchiness on the eyelid. Learn what a sty looks like, what can cause it, and how they are treated . Updated on 03-23-2022
- Mucocele (Mucus Cyst): Symptoms, Causes & Treatment A mucocele, also known as a mucus cyst, is a type of clear blister that can form on the lip, tongue, cheeks or roof of the mouth. They are often painless and resolve on their own. Learn about what causes it, symptoms, and treatment options. Updated on 03-17-2022
- Phimosis: What Is It, Diagnosis & Treatment Phimosis is a fairly common condition in infants, that results in the inability to expose the glans because of an excess of the covering foreskin. Understand better what this mean and what are the treatment options available. Updated on 03-02-2022
- Testicular Pain: 7 Main Causes & Treatment Options Testicular pain is a symptom that can affect men of all ages and is usually triggered by traumas, but it can also be a sign of other problems such as varicocele or inguinal. hernia. Learn what are the main causes and what to do to get rid of this type of pain. Updated on 02-24-2022
Eye Pain: 11 Common Causes & What to Do Red Eye: 9 Common Causes (& When to See a Doctor) 10 Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer (& What the First Signs Are) Throat Ulcers: 7 Causes, Treatment & When to Worry Itchy Eyes: 10 Common Causes & What to Do Cracked Lip Corners: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Belly Button Pain During Pregnancy: Causes & How to Relieve Hepatitis A Symptoms: When Are They Serious?