Spirulina can help you lose weight because it increases satiety due to its high concentration of protein and nutrients, making your body work better and not wanting to eat sweets. Its cleansing action cleanses the intestine and helps to detoxify the body, speeding up your metabolism and fighting fluid retention.
In addition, it brings benefits like increasing attention and improving mood and disposition as it is rich in magnesium, a minerals that may help to produce hormones of well being.
How to take Spirulina
If you want to lose weight the recommended dose for weight loss is 2 to 3 g a day, which can be taken in a single dose or divided throughout the day. You should preferably take the capsules 30 minutes before your main meals of the day, which are breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Spirulina can be found in the form of a pill or powder, being sold in stores of natural products, nutritional supplements, pharmacies and supermarkets. The price varies according to the quality and amount os Spirulina in the package.
Benefits of Spirulina
In addition to helping you lose weight, spirulina is known as a superfood because it contains a high amount of proteins and several vitamins and minerals, bringing benefits such as:
- Improves triglycerides and cholesterol, due to its antioxidant power;
- Improves allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion by strengthening immunity;
- Helps control hypertension as it may help to relax blood vessels;
- Purifies the body, due to its diuretic content and detoxifying properties;
- Improves fatigue by preventing the formation of lactic acid in muscles after physical activity;
- Prevents premature aging by being rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin A;
- Helps in muscle recovery by being rich in iron, magnesium and omega-3;
- Reduces inflammation by containing omega-3;
- Prevents cancer, being super antioxidant and rich in micronutrients like zinc and selenium;
- Prevents diabetes because it can help to control blood sugar levels.
Because it is a superfood and brings benefits to the whole body, spirulina is indicated at various stages of life and in the prevention and treatment of diseases, especially in cases of obesity, localized fat, aging prevention and muscle recovery of physical activity practitioners.