To lose weight and lose belly fat, it is important to change habits and your lifestyle can be very effective and may help you lose up to 2 kg a week depending on your initial weight. However, for this to happen it is important that the strategies adopted are followed daily.
In addition, if you are in the process of losing weight, it is recommended that you do not to get on the scale every day to check if you have gained or lost weight, as this generates anxiety and may interfere with the process. Ideally, you should weigh yourself only once a week, always at the same time and taking into account if you are in your menstrual period, if you are a woman, because in that week is normal to be a little more swollen, which reflects on the scale.
Insert your data here and find out what your ideal weight is:
Check out the following 6 tips to lose weight and lose belly fat:
1. Eat slowly and respect body satiety
Eating slowly allows the stomach to tell the brain that it has already had enough food. This signal occurs before the stomach is completely full, and should be interpreted as telling the body that it no longer needs any more food at the moment. However, those who have the habit of eating fast do not realize this sign of satiety, in addition to reducing the time of contact with food and the pleasure of enjoying the meal better.
Respecting satiety is one of the main points to lose weight and avoid weight gain. Quenching the stomach with food rich in nutrients and fiber, such as vegetables, fruits, meats in general and good fats, makes the metabolism work better and keeps you hungry away for longer.
2. Drink lots of fluids during the day
You should drink plenty of fluids between meals as this will help reduce hunger and fluid retention because the more water you drink, the more urine your body produces, and with its elimination, toxins that are harmful for weight loss are also eliminated.
- What you can drink: water, coconut water, natural juices without added sugar (package juices are not allowed), teas without sugar;
- What you can not drink: soft drinks, box or powdered juices, chocolate and alcoholic beverages.
The amount of recommended water required varies between 1.5 and 3 liters per day.
The type of exercise you practice is not the most important factor, but the opportunity to burn calories whenever possible. It is important that you practice a physical activity at least 3 times a week. There are some activities and daily choices that can make all the difference, so try:
- Climbing stairs instead of using the elevator;
- Get off one stop before work or school and walk the rest of the way;
- Go out for a 10 minute stroll after lunch;
- Take the dog for a stroll in the evening.
Contrary to what most people believe, every kind of physical exercise can help you lose weight, not just aerobics like walking, cycling, and running. Bodybuilding also helps you lose weight and still has the advantage of increasing muscle mass, which improves your metabolism.
See a very easy exercise that lasts a few minutes and leaves your belly hard in: how to do hypropressive exercises to lose belly fat.
4. Eat everything, but in moderation
The body needs all the nutrients it can get and so diets that prohibit carbohydrates cause weight to increase again shortly after. So, the best tips are:
- Avoiding simple sugar consumption in your daily routine, drinking coffee, milk, yogurts, teas and unsweetened juices;
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds in juices and yogurts, such as flaxseed, sesame and chia seeds;
- Eat 5 chestnuts or 10 peanuts a day;
- Choose only one carbohydrate source per meal, preferably from natural foods: fruits, potatoes, brown rice, beans, lentils, corn and peas;
- Eat raw salad before lunch and dinner;
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil at lunch and dinner;
- Avoid eating after being satiated;
- Avoid eating by desire or by emotions such as anxiety and sadness.
Even in small amounts during the day, fruits and vegetables provide lots of fiber and vitamins and, therefore, is a source of health and helps to lose weight and lose belly
5. Do not let yourself get hungry
If you spend a lot of hours without eating, when you go to eat you make bad choices and end up choosing, calorie-rich foods rather than preparing a good meal. So to avoid or insure you don't get hunger until you make a nutritious meal, some tips are:
- Always have a handful of nuts, peanuts, fresh fruits, coconut chips or dried fruits;
- At work, leave 1 full natural yogurt in the refrigerator;
- Use vegetable-based snacks when you get home while preparing dinner: carrot sticks, cucumber with crushed and seasoned avocado with salt and pepper, tomatoes in large cubes with a dash of salt and olive oil, coconut flakes or 1 boiled egg.
If it is not possible to have a meal throughout the day, simply focus on maintaining the quality of your next meal and use these small snacks if hunger strikes. Gradually it is possible to learn that most of the times it is not about hunger, but rather about anxiety about eating.
6. Write down everything you eat
Writing down everything you eat throughout the day is also a good weight loss strategy, so you can be more aware of what you eat and so you can identify errors and where to improve, and change your eating habits to lose weight, if that's your desire, and consequently having a healthier life.
It is recommended that you do this daily and after each meal as this makes it easier to remember what was consumed. In a food diary it is important to indicate what type of meal, whether lunch, breakfast, snack or dinner, the time of the meal, the food consumed and the amount, where the meal happened and if you were doing something at the moment. In addition, record with whom the meal was made and the mood of that moment. This registration should be done for 3 to 7 days, so that it is possible to have a better idea of what are the eating habits.
After jotting down the information, it is important to analyze all dietary choices together with a nutritionist, as it is possible to identify errors and establish strategies to achieve the desired goal. In addition, the nutritionist indicates the best foods so that you have no nutritional deficiencies and can lose weight healthily.
How to lose weight in a healthy way
If it seems that weight loss is very difficult, it is important to see an endocrinologist to analyze whether the body's hormone production is adequate and to go to a nutritionist to receive specific dietary guidelines and plan for your case, your eating habits and your life routine.
In cases where there is a health problem, such as gastritis, asthma, osteoporosis, or even just a limitation of mobility, doctors' advice can help to reconcile diet with medication and adaptation to the disease is fundamental to make it possible for you to lose weight by improving your quality of life, not the other way around.