It is important to know what signs may indicate heart problems, which can help prevent a heart attack, for example, or make it easier to diagnose heart disease like heart failure.
Individuals who are more likely to suffer from heart disease are those who have a family history of heart problems, those who are overweight, smoke, and have other associated diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, and atherosclerosis. Aortic aneurysm is an example of a serious heart disease that can occur in these individuals and their treatment is done with surgery.
Therefore, 12 signs that may indicate heart problems are:
- Anxiety: A heart attack can cause a lot of anxiety and fear of death, moments before it occurs;
- Chest discomfort: a classic symptom of a heart attack;
- Persistent cough: may be the result of fluid accumulation in the lungs due to heart failure;
- Dizziness: Feeling dizzy and fainting may occur moments before a heart attack or in cases such as arrhythmia or hypotension;
- Fatigue: Feeling very tired all the time may indicate heart failure, however this symptom is common in other diseases such as depression and anemia. See more examples: 8 diseases that can cause you to feel tired.
- Nausea or lack of appetite: may be related to abdominal swelling caused by fluid retention or associated with infarction pain;
- Pain in other parts of the body: Pain may start in the chest and spread to the shoulders, arms, elbows, back, neck, jaw or abdomen or be related to a heart attack;
- Rapid and irregular pulse: When accompanied by weakness, dizziness or difficulty breathing, it may be evidence of a heart attack, heart failure or an arrhythmia.
- Shortness of breath: may also indicate the onset of a heart attack;
- Sudden cold sweat: may indicate an infarction, hypotension, hypertension or arrhythmia;
- Swelling: Swelling of the legs and feet may be a sign of heart failure, as this disease can cause fluid retention;
- Extreme weakness: May occur in the days leading up to a heart attack or associated with heart failure or hypotension.
The greater the number of symptoms you feel, the greater the chances of having a heart failure, or even a heart attack. Therefore, it is important to make an appointment with a cardiologist for a thorough evaluation and consequent treatment.
What is your risk of having a heart attack
Sedentary people, who are overweight and who have high cholesterol and triglycerides, have a greater risk of suffering from serious situations, such as a heart attack. Enter your data, and see if you are at high risk or low risk of infarction, and also what you should do in each situation:
To improve cardiovascular health it is recommended you consume garlic daily, because it may lower cholesterol and high blood pressure, protecting from problems such as atherosclerosis and heart attack. A good way to consume garlic is to put a clove of garlic in a cup of water and leave it throughout the night, and take that garlic water in the morning.