There are several options for sore throat remedies that help heal and relieve a sore throat. However, they should only be used under medical guidance. Some examples of sore throat remedies are:
These remedies can be taken for a sore throat and fever, cough, flu and earache and should only be used under medical guidance as they have some side effects. Another good option is Benalet tablets, which can be bought without a prescription and help relieve the discomfort of sore throat and cough.
Remedies for a sore throat in children
Good remedies for a sore throat in children is:
- Citrus juices, such as pineapple, acerola, strawberry and passion fruit, at room temperature, help to keep the throat hydrated and strengthens the child's body;
- Sucking ginger tablets are a good natural anti-inflammatory that can counteract the sore throat;
- Drink plenty of water at room temperature.
Medications such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen are also great for sore throats, but you should consult your doctor first because the dose of the drug depends on the child's weight and age.
Childhood aspirin should not be used because one of its components is associated with a rare but extremely serious disease called Reye's syndrome.
Homemade remedies for sore throat
Some great home remedies for sore throat include:
- Gargling lukewarm water with lemon and a pinch of salt, placing in a glass lukewarm water, juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt, gargling for 2 minutes, 2 times a day;
- Gargle with pomegranate peel tea, boiling 6 g of pomegranate peels with 150 ml of water;
- Take the acerola juice daily because it is rich in vitamin C.
- Apply 3 to 4 times a day a honey spray with propolis that can be bought at the pharmacy;
- Take 1 teaspoon of honey with 5 drops of propolis extract per day;
- Drink mint or ginger tea.
It is also important to increase the consumption of foods rich in vitamin C, such as orange, strawberry and pineapple, as they strengthen the immune system and can help fight a throat infection. See what you can eat to alleviate pain from a sore throat.
Remedy for sore throat during pregnancy
A good remedy for sore throat during pregnancy caused by tonsillitis, pharyngitis or scarlet fever is Amoxicillin, but this should only be used under medical supervision. The doctor, after assessing the mother's throat, may also indicate the use of other antibiotics, if necessary. However, all the natural remedies above can be used without recommendation
Remedy for sore throat while breastfeeding
A remedy for sore throat while breastfeeding is also Amoxicillin, Nimesulide and Diclofenac, as these medication can be taken when the woman is breastfeeding. However, they should only be used after evaluation and prescription by the doctor.