When you follow a ketogenic diet and the objective is to lose weight, you should eliminate all foods rich in sugar and carbohydrates, such as rice, pasta, flour, bread and chocolate, increasing the consumption of proteins and fats such as meat, eggs, seeds, avocado and olive oil. When it comes to fruits, many contain carbohydrates, so you should preferably consume strawberries, blueberries, cherries and blackberries, as they contain the least amount of this nutrient.
This type of diet can be followed for 1 to 3 months, and if you choose a cyclic ketogenic diet it is possible to alternate between 5 consecutive days of the diet and 2 days of eating carbohydrates, which facilitates compliance with the menu on weekends.
The ketogenic diet stimulates weight loss because it causes the body to produce energy from burning fat, rather than the carbohydrates that normally come from our diet.
So, to help with weight loss, here's an example of a 3-day menu of this diet.
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with butter + 1/2 cup of raspberries;
- Morning snack: gelatin without sugar + 3 nuts;
- Lunch / Dinner: 2 beef steaks in cheese sauce with lettuce and purple cabbage seasoned with olive oil + 1 orange;
- Snack: 1 unsweetened yogurt + 1 tablespoon flaxseed flour + 2 cheese and ham rolls.
- Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee (with butter and coconut oil) + 2 slices of turkey accompanied by ½ avocado and a handful of arugula;
- Morning snack: 1 unsweetened yogurt + 5 walnuts;
- Lunch / Dinner: grilled salmon with mustard sauce + green salad of arugula, tomato, cucumber and purple onion + 1 tablespoon olive oil + vinegar, oregano and salt to season;
- Afternoon snack: strawberry with sour cream + 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Breakfast: Ham tortilla with 2 avocado slices;
- Morning snack: ½ avocado with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter;
- Lunch: chicken in white sauce done with sour cream + cabbage salad with onion sauteed with olive oil or coconut oil;
- Afternoon snack: avocado vitamin with chia seeds.
It is important to remember that this diet is not suitable for people over 65 years of age and in cases of kidney failure, liver problems, cardiovascular disease and those who use cortisone drugs such as corticosteroids. This diet should be recommended by a doctor and accompanied by a nutritionist. See the complete list of foods allowed and forbidden in a ketogenic diet.