To increase testosterone naturally you should follow a diet rich in zinc. The increase in this hormone can bring benefits to men and women such as stimulates sexual appetite and fertility, in addition to promoting hair growth and making bones stronger, when it exists in the correct amounts in the bloodstream, to determine if you have the correct value you need to undergo a blood test.
Generally, testosterone should be increased when its values are less than 300 mg per dL. Treatment should only be started following the recommendations of an endocrinologist and in some cases it may be necessary to use supplements such as Provacyl or to apply injections, gels or adhesives.
A good night's sleep and controlling stress can also help to produce normal hormone amounts.
Testosterone diminishes body fat and may help to increase muscle mass, making the body strong and shaped.
How to increase testosterone naturally
1. Do a diet rich in zinc, vitamin A and D
To increase testosterone, men should:
- Eat foods rich in zinc, such as oysters, liver, beans, chestnuts or sunflower seeds, for example;
- Eat foods high in vitamin D such as salmon, sardines or egg. It is also important to expose yourself to the sun daily, being careful with the time of day. It is recommended the exposure be before 11 am and after 4 pm, for at least 1 hour;
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A such as mango, spinach, tomato or fish oil.
You should also reduce the consumption of foods with sugar and soy because they can lead to a reduction of testosterone levels.
However, to make a proper diet you should go in the nutritionist, so they can elaborate a menu according to your needs.
2. Exercise with weights at the gym
Bodybuilding exercises performed at the gym with weights help the production of testosterone and therefore it is recommended that men should perform daily intense physical activity for at least 30 minutes using dumbbells, bars and elastics. This type of exercise facilitates the burning of fat and leads to increased lean mass.
3. Sleep well every day
It is important to get a good night's sleep, sleeping more than 5 hours in a row, increases testosterone production and decreases the levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, which when elevated leads to weight gain, that is also a cause for testosterone levels to decrease.
You should spend 2 hours a day relaxing and engaging in leisure activities such as reading, watching TV or sightseeing.
4. Maintain adequate weight
To avoid low levels of testosterone, you should maintain an adequate body weight, with a BMI below 29, and in order not to develop obesity you should follow a balanced diet and be active.
Calculate your BMI and see if it is within the normal range:
How to Increase testosterone with supplements
In some cases, it may be necessary to take supplements to increase testosterone levels, especially when the levels are too low.
Some supplements that your doctor may indicate include Pro Testosterone, Provacyl and Testex, for example.
Signs that you have to increase testosterone levels
Some symptoms that may indicate low testosterone levels include:
- Little sexual appetite;
- Frequent tiredness;
- Mood changes, prevailing symptoms of depression;
- Difficulty in having a muscular body and accumulation of fat;
- Little amount of hairs on the face, trunk and intimate region;
- Difficulty falling asleep and lots of restlessness at night;
- Bones brittle and osteoporosis development.
Generally, it is necessary to have more than one associated symptom and, in if the doctor suspects low testosterone levels, he may ask for a blood test to confirm.