To eliminate pimples, it is essential you have a good skin cleansing ritual and have a diet rich in foods like salmon, sunflower seeds, fruits and vegetables because they are rich in omega 3, zinc and antioxidants, being very important substances that can help reduce skin inflammation.
In addition, to controlling the appearance and treating pimples, it is important to avoid makeup, especially those that are not oil free, sun exposure and stress. You should always put sunscreen adapted to your skin type, and should not squeeze the pimples so that the skin does not stay with blemishes or scars.
If your skin is very oily and has blackheads, it is best to do a professional skin cleanse with a beautician in the salon or cosmetic clinic.
Blackhead and pimple treatment
There are a number of daily techniques and habits that can reduce the appearance of blackheads and pimples, such as proper skin cleansing, application of specific creams, or even changing your eating habits.
1. Cleanse your skin properly
In the treatment for pimples and blackheads on your face, you should always start cleansing your skin well because they usually appear due to the accumulation of fat under the skin. So to do a good skin cleansing, you must:
- Wash your face daily with a soap suitable for skin with acne skin;
- Apply an astringent facial tonic that helps close the pores;
- Apply a drying lotion on the pimples that are swollen;
- Do a deep skin cleanse, 1 or 2 times a month;
- Do a skin exfoliation 1 to 2 times a week;
- Apply a purifying mask, at least once a week, clay based, which will absorb the excess fat and dirt;
- Apply a mask to remove the blackheads from your nose, forehead and chin, using colorless gelatin, for example.
Soaps, tonics, lotions and masks can be purchased at the pharmacy or supermarkets. However, some home remedies, such as a burdock root solution, for example, may also be made at home.
2. Use products adjusted to your face skin type
It is very important to moisturize the skin after cleansing, with a specific cream for oily skins that limit the excess production of fat and dirt, causing new imperfections.
A cream may also be applied that has components that promote a chemical exfoliation throughout the day, in order to smooth the skin and to diminish the pores, or even with anti-inflammatory action to reduce the appearance of the pimples.
A product may be applied locally to dry and disguise the pimples, rich in keratolytic, antiseborrheic and antibacterial agents.
3. Follow a diet to reduce blackheads and pimples
It is necessary to avoid foods derived from milk because they favor the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands, originating pimples. You should consume:
- Fish, chia seeds and nuts rich in omega 3, which help to control the inflammation of the sebaceous follicles;
- Oysters and sunflower seeds, which have zinc, important for reducing inflammation, improve healing and decrease the secretion of fat by the skin;
- Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants, which strengthen the body and help fight inflammation of the skin;
- Water, is important for moisturizing the skin, being recommended that you drink at least 1.5 liters a day;
When to go to a dermatologist
When these methods do not stop the pimples, a specific dermatologist's treatment should be done, with products that can be applied to the skin, or even medication, to control acne, improving self-esteem and quality your skin.
Some examples of products that the dermatologist might indicate against acne are:
- Cleansing lotion to completely remove dirt from the skin;
- Drying gel, which can be in the form of an ointment or cream to fight the bacteria that causes acne;
- Cream or lotion to lighten the skin blemishes caused by acne and from squeezing the pimples;
- Creamy sunscreen without oil or gel to protect the skin from the sun and prevent the appearance of dark patches on the skin.
In addition to these products that should be applied daily to the skin to make your skin tone more even, remove oil and remove pimples, there are medications in the form of pills, such as Isotretinoin that are indicated for severe acne, when no treatment has proved effective.
As acne is also brought on by hormonal changes, sometimes taking the contraceptive pill like Diane 35, or treating health problems like polycystic ovaries or fibroid,s are important in eliminating blackheads and pimples.