Taking 1 glass of ginger water fast and at least another 0.5 L throughout the day helps you lose weight as it speeds up fat loss in the body and especially the belly.
Ginger is a root that helps to lose weight because it acts by detoxifying the body and improving the functioning of the intestine, which helps to accelerate metabolism and fight against fluid retention.
Besides ginger, you can add lemon, eggplant, cinnamon or cucumber to the water as they are ingredients that contribute to potentiate the slimming effect of the water and preventing swelling as well.
How to do it
To prepare the water, add 4 to 5 slices or 2 tablespoons of ginger shavings in 1 liter of ice water, changing the ginger slices daily to obtain their benefits.
Benefits of Ginger
In addition in helping to lose weight, ginger brings benefits to the body as it:
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory;
- Improves breathing and relieves symptoms of coughing and shortness of breath;
- Prevents nausea and vomiting;
- Fights heartburn and intestinal gas;
- Relieves pain caused by arthritis.
In the treatment of joint pain, ginger can be used in the form of tea or in warm patches that are applied directly to the affected area.
Recommended amount and counter-indications
The recommended amount of ginger is 1 to 2 g per day to get its benefits, which are higher when ginger is used in its fresh form instead of powder.
Ginger is counter-indicated for people who take medication to lower blood pressure and to tune blood, such as Aspirin, and should only be used in cases of gallbladder stones following medical advice. In addition, during pregnancy you should not consume more than 2 g of ginger a day.
How to increase it's benefits
In addition to ginger, one can add lemon juice, eggplant slices, cucumber slices or cinnamon to the water to enhance the flavor and get the benefits of these other foods, which also help cleanse the gut and speed up the metabolism. Learn some practical and tasty recipes that can be prepared at home:
1. Ginger with Lemon
Lemon potentiates the effect of ginger and also accelerates metabolism rate, as well as having low calories and high concentrations of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant, eliminating impurities, strengthens the immune system and improves bowel function.
- How to make it: one should prepare 1 lemon juice by beating the fruit in the blender or squeezing it right into a glass of water. Then add a scoop of grated ginger and mix well.
2. Ginger with Mint
In addition to making the drink more refreshing, mint is widely used to improve circulation, as well as alleviating stomach problems, headaches and inflammation in the muscles.
- How to make it: cut 4 to 5 slices of ginger and boil over medium heat . Then add half a cup of mint, what for the mixture to cool and strain the tea that has formed, which can be drunk lukewarm or iced.
3. Ginger with cinnamon
In addition to being tasty and aromatic, cinnamon has several benefits, such as controlling blood sugar, avoiding insulin spikes and hyperglycemia.
- How to do make it: add 1 tablespoon of grated ginger or 5 slices of ginger and 1 cinnamon stick, which can be left to rest or can be taken to the stove until boiling point. This drink can be taken cold, and drunk throughout the day.
4. Ginger with Eggplant
Ginger is an excellent way to aid weight loss, as it has a diuretic effect, improving the elimination of toxins, as well as improving intestinal transit and reducing appetite, due to the high fiber content in its composition.
- How to make it: Add 1 cup of chopped eggplant with the peel and 1 tablespoon grated ginger in 250 ml of water and beat in the blender, then add lemon zest and drink at room temperature or ice-cold.
In these recipes, it is also possible to vary flavors by adding other vegetables and fruits such as cucumber, pineapple, goji berries and chamomile. In addition to the weight loss and detoxifying effects, they are a great way to increase the intake of fluids each day which allows the body to be hydrated.