Food is an important part of the treatment of high blood pressure and some care should be taken daily, such as avoiding fried and industrialized foods, like sausages and party snacks, giving preference to vegetables and fresh fruits.
In addition, people suffering from high blood pressure should also increase their water intake by drinking between 2 liters and 2.5 liters a day and doing regular exercise, such as walking or jogging, at least 3 times a week.
Recommended foods in cases of high blood pressure
The foods most indicated for lowering high blood pressure are:
- All fresh fruits;
- Cheeses without salt;
- Olive oil;
- Coconut water;
- Whole grains cereal;
- Beet juice;
- Ingest 3 eggs at the most a week. You should also count the eggs present when you prepare your meals, like cakes and pies;
- Raw and cooked vegetables;
- Meats like knuckle, topside, outside flat, eyeround, rump steak, rump tail, chicken and turkey;
- Skimmed yogurts.
A very important tip for people suffering from hypertension is to restrict salt intake and it is a good idea to cook a wide variety of spices and herbs to add flavor to food.
Foods that must be avoided in cases of high blood pressure
Foods that are not recommended for high blood pressure are:
- Fried foods;
- Cheeses like parmesan, provolone, Swiss;
- Ham, mortadella, salami;
- Foods high in fat. Look closely at the food labels;
- Embedded and canned foods, such as smoked sausage;
- Pre-cooked or preserved vegetables and greens;
- Dried fruits such as peanuts and cashew nuts;
- Sauces, such as Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, Soho;
- Cubes of seasonings ready for cooking;
- Meats such as hamburger, bacon, jerky, sausage;
- Kids, pates, sardines, anchovies, salt cod;
- Pickles, olives, asparagus, heart of palm;
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, milk shakes, energy drinks, artificial juices.
These foods are high in fat or sodium, which promote the accumulation of fat plaques inside the arteries, making it difficult for blood to pass through and therefore increasing the pressure and that is why it should be avoided daily.