Type 1 diabetes is when the pancreas stops producing insulin, and type 2 diabetes is when there is difficulty in using insulin efficiently. Both situations lead to excess blood sugar, which results in symptoms such as dry mouth, intense thirst, excessive urination and constant hunger arise. The medications used can be oral hypoglycemic agents such as Glifage, for type 2, or insulin itself, in type 1 diabetes. See which cautions should be taken with your diet so as to live well and avoid the complications that diabetes can bring, as for example, renal and eye alterations.
All about Diabetes
- 5 Home Remedies for Diabetes The best natural way to control diabetes and regulate blood sugar levels is weight loss, as this causes less fat to be in the body, which in turn improves the functioning of the liver and pancreas,... Updated in 23/08/2019
- Diet for diabetes People with diabetes should avoid the consumption of simple sugar and foods rich in white flour. In addition, you also need to reduce the consumption of large amounts of any food that are rich... Updated in 08/05/2019
- Best fruits for Diabetics Fruit rich in carbohydrates such as grapes, figs and dried fruits are not recommended for people with diabetes because they contain too much sugar which can increase the chances of blood sugar... Updated in 09/04/2019
- Diabetes symptoms The main symptoms of diabetes are usually intense thirst, excessive urination and itching in the body, and can manifest at any age. Updated in 04/04/2019
- How to identify diabetes in children and how to treat it The symptoms of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents arise suddenly and can be noticed when the child feels often very tired , is very hungry and loses weight from one hour to another. Updated in 28/03/2019
- What to eat if you have diabetes It is important to know what to eat in diabetes so you can keep the blood sugar rate constant, avoiding hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia. Updated in 21/01/2019